AZ TR RU EN
»Make my homepage »Add to favorites »Add to website »Archive
Mainpage Photo Gallery Vıdeo Gallery Contact
   
LAST MINUTE : Foreign Ministry: Azerbaijan will continue to comprehensively support brotherly Turkish nation and state   •   International rhythmic gymnastics tournament GymBala to be held in Baku  •   `Relations between Georgia and Azerbaijan reached the level of strategic partnership`  •   STAR refinery receives first cargo of Azerbaijani oil   •   Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 81 times  •   National GM wins Biel tournament ahead of time trial  •   Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey  •   Maros Sefcovic: TANAP’s official opening - "we are turning intentions into reality"  •   Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 89 times  •   17th Caspian International Transport, Transit and Logistics Exhibition opens in Baku  •   10th anniversary of "Baku process" celebrated in Paris   •   Azerbaijan becomes significant transport hub for Europe  •   6th Global Forum opening in Baku  •   PM: Azerbaijan, Turkey jointly implement projects of global importance  •   Baku to host first quadrilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian and Georgian FMs  •   Azerbaijan reveals gang engaged in illegal human organ trade  •   Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan  •   Armenians admit that occupation of Azerbaijani lands leads them to abyss: MP  •   Launch date of Azerbaijan’s second satellite revealed  •   Baku to host 1st Donor Coordination Meeting  •  
News World Latest News Economics Politics Diaspora Sport Culture
» Azerbaijan talks on persons registered as missing during Karabakh conflict
15/02/2018 Yazdır

The work to clarify the missing people list of Azerbaijan’s State Commission on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Persons, and the measures to eliminate the difference when compared with the list of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), continues, Eldar Samadov, deputy head of the Working Group of the State Commission, said in an interview with Trend.

For now, the fate of the two missing persons whose names have been excluded from this list has been clarified, he said.

He noted that as a result of the investigations held last year, it was established that during the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, dozens of people went missing during the fighting prior to the establishment of the ceasefire regime. Their names were registered in the State Commission and included in the corresponding list, he added.

“As of Dec. 1, 2017, the State Commission registered the names of 3,875 missing persons,” Samadov said.

He added that investigations were carried out regarding persons not included in the ICRC list and, according to the procedures of the structure, requests were sent to the corresponding addresses for their registration. The data collected from the citizens were sent to the ICRC to restore the work on the search for dozens of missing persons, he noted.

“The structure additionally registered 29 people,” Samadov said. “Presently, 3,800 persons are registered as missing in the ICRC list. The difference when compared to the list of the State Commission is 75 people, while this difference was more than 300 people in 2015.”

Samadov noted that the work was continued to establish GPS coordinates of burial places of people who became martyrs during the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and were buried as unknown persons. In particular, the GPS coordinates of six burial places in Azerbaijan’s Barda district were established, he said.

A total of 195 burial places were found during the process, he added.

In addition, during the familiarization with photos of persons buried in 11 graves discovered in April-May last year in the Shammadli cemetery in Imishli district, five families of missing persons said that they had recognized those persons, and therefore, the necessary discussions and consultations were held with the ICRC, Forensic Medical Expertise and Pathological Anatomy Scientific Practical Investigation Unit of Ministry of Health and law enforcement agencies of Azerbaijan, he said.

The State Commission together with the ICRC took DNA samples from 17 donors - relatives of missing persons, he noted. In connection with the abovementioned, a letter was sent to the Prosecutor General’s Office to investigate the issue related to unknown graves in the Imishli district and conduct genetic testing, Samadov said.

The conflict between the two South Caucasus countries began in 1988 when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan. As a result of the ensuing war, in 1992 Armenian armed forces occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan, including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts.

The 1994 ceasefire agreement was followed by peace negotiations. Armenia has not yet implemented four UN Security Council resolutions on withdrawal of its armed forces from the Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding districts.


+ Benzer Haberler
» Foreign Ministry: Azerbaijan will continue to comprehensively support brotherly Turkish nation and state
» Baku to host first quadrilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian and Georgian FMs
» Azerbaijan appreciates inclusion of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement into priorities’ list of Italian OSCE Chairmanship, says Foreign Ministry
» Azerbaijan regards Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process as valuable mechanism
» Bulgarian president officially welcomed in Baku
» Ukrainian FM: Karabakh conflict is an aggression
» OSCE PA Special Representative meets with party leaders represented in Azerbaijani Milli Majlis
» Shinzo Abe: Azerbaijan is important partner of Japan
» OSCE MG preparing Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting
» Tase: US should urgently consider potential economic sanctions against Armenia
» Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan stand for transforming Caspian Sea into source of stability’
» Mammadyarov: “In diplomacy negotiations for the sake of negotiations do not exist”
» Sides of Karabakh conflict, OSCE Co-Chairs mull peace talks
» Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan to expand co-op in railway sphere
» Azerbaijan informs NATO on Armenian provocations
» Foreign Policy News: John Kerry commends Azerbaijan for its strategic role in the region
» Baku wants to protect region from Chernobyl-like disaster in Armenia
» Russia, US working jointly to settle Karabakh conflict
» Obama calls current visit to Cuba ‘historic opportunity’- White House
» Ankara hosts 5th meeting of Turkey-Azerbaijan High-Level Strategic Co-op Council


 
Weather Forecast

Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (1)

Rates
 USD :  1.7000
 EUR :  2.0024
 GBP :  2.2562
 TRY :  0.2727
 EUR/USD :  1.1779
AUTHORS
İbrahim NƏBİOĞLU
PARASELS VƏ GECƏ QONAĞI (Avstriya Gündəliyi – 2)
Dr. Nazim CEFERSOY
Azərbaycan-Türkiyə münasibətlərinə sabotaj cəhdləri var
Dr. Hatem CABBARLI
Edvard Nalbandyanın "nalbəndlik" həvəsi
Dr. Asif KURBAN
Bağımsızlığa Giden Yolda: 20 Ocak
Necdet SİVASLI
Azerbaycan Türkleri’nde "Ahır Çerşenbe" geleneği...
Araz ASLANLI
Elmin və Pulun Tərəzisidəki Çəkisi
Arif KESKİN
Sitem Ve Aklın Yolu
Dr. Afgan VELİYEV
Sovyetler Sonrası Azerbaycan – Ermenistan İlişkileri Ve Rusya Faktörü
Selçuk DÜZGÜN
AzerbayCAN’ımızdan Ne İstiyorlar?
Dr.Alesker ALESKERLİ
“Avrupa Parlamentosunun Kararı Ermenistan’ın Keyfini Kaçırdı”
Dr. Sinan OĞAN
Karabağ’da Olası Bir Savaşa Ne Kadar Hazırlıklıyız?
Cavid VELİYEV
Doğu ve Batı’yı birleştirecek stratejik hat
Dr. Rövşen ŞAHBAZOV
29 Ekim Sabahı Uyanırken…
Most popular articles This week | This month
Statistics
 
Haberleri referans göstererek yayımlayabilirsiniz.  NewsAze.com Azerbaycanla ilgili dünya genelinde çıkmış haberleri 4 dilden okuyucularıyla paylaşmaktadır.

Partnerler
www.tureml.com      www.haberaze.com     www.turkiyedeneval.com     www.evaxtar.az     www.turaltrade.com

Asersoft